Reviewed in Jan/Feb 2020 with all our stakeholders: children (through School Council, Parents/ Carers, staff & Governors. These are our agreed aims & ethos.
Our mission statement is shown on the banner above.
Simply, we believe that the partnership between school and families is the most important one for our children to succeed. To succeed, we aim to create a stimulating learning environment for the children, creating a caring school where the children are safe, feel valued and can achieve their best.
To achieve this, staff, families and governors have agreed the following aims: -
- To value children as individuals; celebrating their achievements and supporting their individual needs within a framework of equal opportunities.
- To encourage self-discipline, the acceptance of personal responsibility for their own behaviour and to be caring and sensitive to the needs of others and the environment.
- To provide opportunities for social, moral, spiritual and cultural development so that the children become responsible citizens, valuing and respecting their own and other cultures.
- To deliver the education programme as defined in the National Curriculum in an exciting and relevant way that motivates the children to learn and raises expectations of achievement.
- To ensure the acquisition of techniques and skills so that children become literate and numerate.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum that creates learning opportunities, which provide for the all-round growth of the individual child.
- To use the expertise of individual staff to encourage teamwork and promote quality teaching and learning.
- To value all of our staff and to provide opportunities for their professional development.
- To establish a welcoming climate within which teachers, governors, families and children can work together to enhance the children’s learning.
- To match financial and all other resources as efficiently and effectively as possible to curriculum and whole school objectives.
To carefully consider the use of space so as to provide an attractive, safe and stimulating learning environment.
At the heart of all we do, we want our children to leave with all the following qualities -
ready for the next stage of their learning and to be important citizens in their communities.