It is the wish of the Governing Body (ratified Jan 2020) that children should be dressed in school uniform and wear appropriate shoes. It is important to ensure all clothes are clearly marked with your child’s name.
It is important children are in the correct school uniform.
- Trousers, skirts or pinafore dresses in grey or black (no leggings or jeans)
- Shirts or polo shirts in white or yellow or light blue.
- A navy school sweatshirt or cardigan, preferably with the school logo.
- Socks or tights in plain grey, navy or black No coloured socks.
- School shoes in black. All black trainers that do not have any colour are also acceptable.
Summer variations are –
- Short sleeve shirts in white
- Polo shirts
- Shorts in grey or black
- Check dresses
- The wearing of headscarves for religious reasons is optional. They should be plain in colour (white or blue), should have no pins or fastenings and should have no words or other decoration.
Please note -
- For safety reasons we ask parents not to send their children to school with jewellery. If ears are pierced, please ensure that only STUDS are worn. We assume you have given permission for children to wear stud earrings for PE and that you take responsibility unless you tell us otherwise. Also, for safety reasons hair longer than shoulder length should be tied up.
- It is important that sensible shoes, suitable for school, are worn. Do not send the children to school in fashion pumps, canvas shoes, shoes with heels, boots, footwear with coloured laces or patterned / coloured socks.
- We do not allow children to wear nail varnish, nail extensions, have coloured hair or inappropriate hair designs (patterned hair on boys is not allowed)– hair styles are expected to be sensible and modest. Please check with the school if unsure what would be acceptable.
For health and safety reasons it is important that your child needs to wear the appropriate clothes for PE and Swimming. PE and swimming are important parts of the curriculum and we expect kit to be available in school. You will be informed when PE is timetabled for your child. Please ensure kit is washed each half term. PE kits should be in the school colours.
Your child should bring a pump bag containing:-
- Black pumps (a pair of trainers for outside PE can be sent also) – please ensure these are correctly fitted
- Black or navy blue shorts (not beach wear) : tracksuit bottoms are acceptable for outside PE (no leggings)
- Plain white or yellow or navy T-shirt
It is recommended that children bring in PE kits on the first day of each half term and keep them in school, taking them home on the last day of the half term.
Items with the school logo can be purchased from:
Kids Essentials Colliers
762 Bristol Road South Chatham Road
B31 2NN B31 2PH
Support for uniform can be gained from Rubery Schools Community
Swap Shop: https://www.ruberyswopshop.co.uk/